NOT SURE WHAT WE DO ?
Since our founding in 2011 we have tried to make a positive impact on blues music, and specifically within our local blues community.
We continue to do this in a variety of ways.
- Sponsoring music workshops.
- Providing music instruments to students.
- Initiating music programs like our local Blues in the Schools, (at elementary, middle school, and college level presentations).
- We help promote our member Venues, Musicians, our Business Members, Sponsors and other Sponsored Events.
- We provide a social network for like minded enthusiasts. Sharing information through our e-Blasts and Newsletters.
- As a Blues Foundation Affiliate member, we utilize our ability to promote our blues artists at the National level on a World Wide platform.
- Optionally with National Exposure in the following ways:
IBC “International Blues Challenge”
Categories Include: Youth Showcase, Solo/Duo and Band.
Best Self-Produced CD
With one of our Artist’s Submissions
“Keeping The Blues Alive”
- These are some of the things your society is involved with.
We have been involved with the Blues Foundation since our inception in 2011 and sending artist to Memphis for the “International Blues Challenge.
The adjacent video clip features International Blues Legend “Bryan Lee” (who was also a Regional IBC Judge that day) playing with two of our Youth acts in one of our after jams. The two Youth artists are, (right to left from Bryan) are Johnny Jensen and Trey Wanvig.
We can only suggest the future of Blues here in Southwest Florida is in good hands with the likes of Johnny Jensen and Trey Wanvig. Both have competed for and were selected to perform during the Youth Showcase at the Memphis IBC’s.
Over the past several years we have often have Youth Acts competing for a spot ending up on the road to Memphis. Having our local and regional acts engage this fantastic opportunity (Bands, Solo/Duo & Youth Showcase acts) is one of the main reasons “we do what we do”.